HOLMEN, WI - A head on crash takes the life of a woman on Friday night.
The La Crosse County Sheriff says it happened on Highway 35 between Highway 53 and Hale Drive in Holmen around 4:30 p.m.
The woman driving the southbound SUV lost control, crossed a grass median, and hit a northbound vehicle head on.
The woman driving the north-bound vehicle was killed. She was alone in the car.
The sounth-bound driver was taken to Gundersen Health System with non-life threatening injuries, according to Sgt. Brian Wierzbicki with the La Crosse County Sheriff.
Alcohol was not likely a factor.
The state patrol is recreating the crash as the investigation continues. Names have not been released at this time.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands