HOLMEN, WI - A head on crash takes the life of a woman on Friday night.
The La Crosse County Sheriff says it happened on Highway 35 between Highway 53 and Hale Drive in Holmen around 4:30 p.m.
The woman driving the southbound SUV lost control, crossed a grass median, and hit a northbound vehicle head on.
The woman driving the north-bound vehicle was killed. She was alone in the car.
The sounth-bound driver was taken to Gundersen Health System with non-life threatening injuries, according to Sgt. Brian Wierzbicki with the La Crosse County Sheriff.
Alcohol was not likely a factor.
The state patrol is recreating the crash as the investigation continues. Names have not been released at this time.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse