MEDFORD, Wis. (AP) - A 33-year-old woman has died after she was hit by a train in Taylor County.
The Taylor County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened shortly before midnight Friday.
Canadian National Railroad called authorities to say one of their trains was involved in an incident with a pedestrian near the intersection of West Riverside Drive and Railroad Street in the Village of Gilman.
Authorities arrived to find Heather Johnson was dead. Authorities say she has lived in the Village of Gilman for the past several months.
The incident is being investigated. No foul play is suspected.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student