MEDFORD, Wis. (AP) - A 33-year-old woman has died after she was hit by a train in Taylor County.
The Taylor County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened shortly before midnight Friday.
Canadian National Railroad called authorities to say one of their trains was involved in an incident with a pedestrian near the intersection of West Riverside Drive and Railroad Street in the Village of Gilman.
Authorities arrived to find Heather Johnson was dead. Authorities say she has lived in the Village of Gilman for the past several months.
The incident is being investigated. No foul play is suspected.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016