LA CROSSE, Wis. - The woman hit by a car earlier this week in La Crosse has passed away.
Police say Yvonne Boehme, 51, was crossing West Avenue near State Street outside of the crosswalk early Monday morning when a car hit her.17776446
She was taken to Gundersen Lutheran. A spokesperson for the hospital told News 8 early Friday morning that Boehme had passed away.
La Crosse Police Sgt. Rank says the driver, a 39-year-old man from La Crosse, was going southbound on West Avenue while Boehme was going westbound, trying to cross West Avenue. Police had said the driver was not cited.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance