TOWN OF WORCESTER, WI (AP) - Authorities in north-central Wisconsin are investigating a snowmobile crash that left a 70-year-old woman dead.
The Price County Sheriff's Department says the initial investigation shows that her snowmobile went off a trail, hit a wire and then a tree just after 3 p.m. Saturday. It happened on a public trail east of Phillips in the Town of Worcester. She died at the scene.
The woman's name was not immediately released.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership