TOWN OF WORCESTER, WI (AP) - Authorities in north-central Wisconsin are investigating a snowmobile crash that left a 70-year-old woman dead.
The Price County Sheriff's Department says the initial investigation shows that her snowmobile went off a trail, hit a wire and then a tree just after 3 p.m. Saturday. It happened on a public trail east of Phillips in the Town of Worcester. She died at the scene.
The woman's name was not immediately released.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers