VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 25-year-old woman was arrested after authorities discovered she was in the process of manufacturing methamphetamine, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
While on patrol, a Vernon County Sheriff's deputy came across a suspicious vehicle at Blackhawk Park in the Town of Wheatland. Sheriff Spears said during the investigation, the deputy discovered Ashlyn Dawn Roney, of Mt. Sterling, was in the process of manufacturing meth using the "shake and bake" method.
The car was impounded and the components of the drug making process were neutralized by the Vernon County Haz Mat team and the Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff Spears asks that people "stay alert and be aware of suspicious activities in their neighborhoods, rural or otherwise."
If you have any information about this incident, contact the Vernon County Sheriff's Office at (608) 637-2123.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.