VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 25-year-old woman was arrested after authorities discovered she was in the process of manufacturing methamphetamine, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
While on patrol, a Vernon County Sheriff's deputy came across a suspicious vehicle at Blackhawk Park in the Town of Wheatland. Sheriff Spears said during the investigation, the deputy discovered Ashlyn Dawn Roney, of Mt. Sterling, was in the process of manufacturing meth using the "shake and bake" method.
The car was impounded and the components of the drug making process were neutralized by the Vernon County Haz Mat team and the Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff Spears asks that people "stay alert and be aware of suspicious activities in their neighborhoods, rural or otherwise."
If you have any information about this incident, contact the Vernon County Sheriff's Office at (608) 637-2123.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget
- 90 cans of baby formula stolen from Walmart