VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 25-year-old woman was arrested after authorities discovered she was in the process of manufacturing methamphetamine, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
While on patrol, a Vernon County Sheriff's deputy came across a suspicious vehicle at Blackhawk Park in the Town of Wheatland. Sheriff Spears said during the investigation, the deputy discovered Ashlyn Dawn Roney, of Mt. Sterling, was in the process of manufacturing meth using the "shake and bake" method.
The car was impounded and the components of the drug making process were neutralized by the Vernon County Haz Mat team and the Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff Spears asks that people "stay alert and be aware of suspicious activities in their neighborhoods, rural or otherwise."
If you have any information about this incident, contact the Vernon County Sheriff's Office at (608) 637-2123.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony