GREEN BAY, Wis. - If you're traveling to Lambeau Field for the Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings playoff game on Saturday, the Wisconsin Deparment of Transportation says you should expect road construction and heavy traffic.
The department says while most construction projects have stopped and two lanes of traffic will be open, there may be backups while going through construction work zones.
Here's a list from the Department of Transportation of the major roads in northeast Wisconsin most Packers/Vikings fans will be traveling and the road conditions they should anticipate:
·Brown County– Drivers will encounter 11-foot travel lanes and reduced shoulders in multiple locations along a 10-mile segment of highway. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph from just south of Scheuring Road to I-43.
·Winnebago County – A majority of 12 miles of highway, from 9th Avenue to Breezewood Lane, has restricted shoulders and lane widths. The speed limit on US 41 between 9th Avenue and US 45 is reduced to 55 mph in both directions.
·Brown County– WIS 29 is closed to traffic between Packerland Drive and US 41 with all WIS 29 traffic being rerouted to the new Shawano Avenue adjacent to old WIS 29. Access is maintained to US 41 from WIS 29/Shawano Avenue. WIS 29 east and westbound between County J and Packerland have restricted shoulders and lane widths. Backups should be anticipated along this stretch of roadway.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure