MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin state sen. Jennifer Shilling has a new appointment.
She'll be serving on the Joint Committee on Finance for the upcoming legislative session in Madison.
The incoming senate democratic leader said Shilling has shown she's committed to working with Democratic and Republican legislators as well as the governor to move the state forward.
He adds that he is looking forward to working with Shilling to create jobs, increase economic development and protect schools.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota