LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Volunteers with the Wisconsin Red Cross are being deployed to areas affected by Hurricane Matthew.
Volunteers from across the state are heading to Atlanta where they will be assigned to areas needing aid.
This isn't the first trip to disaster stricken areas for many volunteers.
One volunteer says providing aid to is very powerful.
"It tugs at your heart strings when you see people that have little or nothing all of a sudden they lose everything that they have. It's a sad situation but we're there to help and do what we can," Kenneth Rofritz said, a Red Cross volunteer.
Volunteers leave from Milwaukee Monday morning.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race