LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Volunteers with the Wisconsin Red Cross are being deployed to areas affected by Hurricane Matthew.
Volunteers from across the state are heading to Atlanta where they will be assigned to areas needing aid.
This isn't the first trip to disaster stricken areas for many volunteers.
One volunteer says providing aid to is very powerful.
"It tugs at your heart strings when you see people that have little or nothing all of a sudden they lose everything that they have. It's a sad situation but we're there to help and do what we can," Kenneth Rofritz said, a Red Cross volunteer.
Volunteers leave from Milwaukee Monday morning.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter