LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Volunteers with the Wisconsin Red Cross are being deployed to areas affected by Hurricane Matthew.
Volunteers from across the state are heading to Atlanta where they will be assigned to areas needing aid.
This isn't the first trip to disaster stricken areas for many volunteers.
One volunteer says providing aid to is very powerful.
"It tugs at your heart strings when you see people that have little or nothing all of a sudden they lose everything that they have. It's a sad situation but we're there to help and do what we can," Kenneth Rofritz said, a Red Cross volunteer.
Volunteers leave from Milwaukee Monday morning.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017