WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (WKBT) - A Wisconsin native and purple heart recipient was killed while serving in Afghanistan.
Sgt. First Class Matthew Leggett died on Wednesday according the Department of Defense. Details have not been released.
Leggett was born in Wisconsin Rapids and served three combat tours after enlisting in 1995. The decorated paratrooper was 39 years old.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice