WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (WKBT) - A Wisconsin native and purple heart recipient was killed while serving in Afghanistan.
Sgt. First Class Matthew Leggett died on Wednesday according the Department of Defense. Details have not been released.
Leggett was born in Wisconsin Rapids and served three combat tours after enlisting in 1995. The decorated paratrooper was 39 years old.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans