WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (WKBT) - A Wisconsin native and purple heart recipient was killed while serving in Afghanistan.
Sgt. First Class Matthew Leggett died on Wednesday according the Department of Defense. Details have not been released.
Leggett was born in Wisconsin Rapids and served three combat tours after enlisting in 1995. The decorated paratrooper was 39 years old.
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom
- Taste of Trempealeau event raises money for public library
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments