MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch has survived a recall attempt, defeating Democratic challenger Mahlon Mitchell in a historic recall election.
RESULTS: Wisconsin Recall Election Results
The Republican Kleefisch was the first lieutenant governor in the nation's history to face a recall election. Now she's also the first to survive one.
Kleefisch faced a recall along with her boss, Republican Gov. Scott Walker. Democrats and unions had been angered after Walker and the GOP-led Legislature took on public-sector union rights last year.
Walker and Kleefisch both won their races Tuesday.
Since 1970, Wisconsin has elected its governor and lieutenant governor as a pair on a joint ticket. But because of how these recalls were conducted, the races for governor and lieutenant governor were listed separately.14648618
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say
- Man fatally shot in Waterloo, authorities say