MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state GOP has lined up six fake Democrats to run in upcoming recall elections targeting Gov. Scott Walker and five other Republicans.
GOP spokesman Ben Sparks says Gladys Huber will run for governor; Isaac Weix will run for lieutenant governor; and Gary Ellerman, Tamara Varebrook, James Engel and James Buckley will run in four state Senate recalls.
The elections are scheduled for May 8 and June 5. If primaries are needed they'll be held May 8.
Sparks says running what he called "recall protest candidates" guarantees a clear primary date and ensures no Republicans will face a general election that day, when Democrats likely will turn out in huge numbers to select a gubernatorial challenger.
He says the party doesn't plan to spend any money on their campaigns.10258572
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom