LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - We are just entering Spring but the Wisconsin D.N.R. is already talking about the Fall hunting season.
D.N.R. officials are urging people to sign up for hunter education courses soon. Would-be hunters born on or after January 1st, 1973 must complete a hunter education course and show the completion certificate to purchase a hunting license in Wisconsin. People can take a class room course or go through an online program coupled with a field test administered by hunting instructors.
Anyone older than 18 can test out of hunter education by taking an online exam and completing a hands-on certification test. D.N.R. officials say more courses are taught in the Spring than at any other time of year.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.