LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - We are just entering Spring but the Wisconsin D.N.R. is already talking about the Fall hunting season.
D.N.R. officials are urging people to sign up for hunter education courses soon. Would-be hunters born on or after January 1st, 1973 must complete a hunter education course and show the completion certificate to purchase a hunting license in Wisconsin. People can take a class room course or go through an online program coupled with a field test administered by hunting instructors.
Anyone older than 18 can test out of hunter education by taking an online exam and completing a hands-on certification test. D.N.R. officials say more courses are taught in the Spring than at any other time of year.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building