GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - A Green Bay woman has been found competent to stand trial in the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend.
Brown County Circuit Court Judge William Atkinson made that ruling this week after 47-year-old Lois Velaszquez underwent a new psychiatric evaluation.
Online court records show her attorney did not contest the new findings.
Velaszquez had been found incompetent for trial last July. The new ruling re-starts the criminal case.
Velaszquez is accused of stabbing 35-year-old Derrick House in Green Bay last May. Police say the two had been arguing when she allegedly attacked him.
WLUK-TV reports a preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 7.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser