GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - A Green Bay woman has been found competent to stand trial in the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend.
Brown County Circuit Court Judge William Atkinson made that ruling this week after 47-year-old Lois Velaszquez underwent a new psychiatric evaluation.
Online court records show her attorney did not contest the new findings.
Velaszquez had been found incompetent for trial last July. The new ruling re-starts the criminal case.
Velaszquez is accused of stabbing 35-year-old Derrick House in Green Bay last May. Police say the two had been arguing when she allegedly attacked him.
WLUK-TV reports a preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 7.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks