MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Wisconsin woman is charged with felony child neglect in the death of her 2-year-old daughter who allegedly drank gasoline.
Thirty-five-year-old Connie Hartmann of Medina also is charged with felony child neglect resulting in great bodily harm to the girl's 4-year-old brother.
The Dane County sheriff's office says Hartmann was taken to jail Thursday after she was arrested for a domestic incident at her home.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports sheriff's deputies went to Hartmann's home last May after her 2-year-old daughter was found unconscious in a car and her 4-year-old son was ill. The girl later died at a hospital.
The boy told a doctor he and his sister locked themselves in the car and drank gasoline.
Online court records do not indicate a defense attorney for Hartmann.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death