MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Wisconsin woman is charged with felony child neglect in the death of her 2-year-old daughter who allegedly drank gasoline.
Thirty-five-year-old Connie Hartmann of Medina also is charged with felony child neglect resulting in great bodily harm to the girl's 4-year-old brother.
The Dane County sheriff's office says Hartmann was taken to jail Thursday after she was arrested for a domestic incident at her home.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports sheriff's deputies went to Hartmann's home last May after her 2-year-old daughter was found unconscious in a car and her 4-year-old son was ill. The girl later died at a hospital.
The boy told a doctor he and his sister locked themselves in the car and drank gasoline.
Online court records do not indicate a defense attorney for Hartmann.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day