MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Two Milwaukee uniform companies have charged Gov. Scott Walker's administration nearly $26,000 for new state Capitol police outfits.
Invoices show Lark Uniform Outfitters, Inc., billed the state Department of Administration $1,279 for gold and silver buttons and caps. Badger Uniforms billed the agency $24,500 for shirts and pants.
New Capitol Police Chief David Erwin ordered the new uniforms as part of his plan to upgrade the department's image when he took over in July. The retired Marine and Wisconsin State Patrol veteran also has banned his officers from wearing beards and goatees.
- Area farmers deal with damaged crops after heavy rain
- West Salem runner reaches Coulee Region
- ‘Back 2 School' program seeking donations to benefit local families
- New website gathers resources for business owners
- Two dead in Winona in early morning shooting
- Fatal officer-involved shooting in Eau Claire
- UPDATED STORM DAMAGE REPORTS
- La Crosse youth soccer complex still underwater following storms
- Thomas signs with team in Spain
- Recovery efforts following local flood damage made possible by Red Cross volunteers