MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Two Milwaukee uniform companies have charged Gov. Scott Walker's administration nearly $26,000 for new state Capitol police outfits.
Invoices show Lark Uniform Outfitters, Inc., billed the state Department of Administration $1,279 for gold and silver buttons and caps. Badger Uniforms billed the agency $24,500 for shirts and pants.
New Capitol Police Chief David Erwin ordered the new uniforms as part of his plan to upgrade the department's image when he took over in July. The retired Marine and Wisconsin State Patrol veteran also has banned his officers from wearing beards and goatees.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse