WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) - The state Justice Department says investigators are questioning a person of interest in the shooting death of a police officer patrolling in suburban Milwaukee on Christmas Eve.
Wauwatosa police discovered their colleague, 30-year-old Jennifer L. Sebena, dead early Monday morning a couple hours after she failed to respond to radio calls. She'd suffered several gunshot wounds.
Police and state agents released a statement Wednesday saying they were working with a person of interest. The Justice Department released a statement later Wednesday saying investigators were questioning that person.
They say the public is in no immediate danger.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies