WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) - The state Justice Department says investigators are questioning a person of interest in the shooting death of a police officer patrolling in suburban Milwaukee on Christmas Eve.
Wauwatosa police discovered their colleague, 30-year-old Jennifer L. Sebena, dead early Monday morning a couple hours after she failed to respond to radio calls. She'd suffered several gunshot wounds.
Police and state agents released a statement Wednesday saying they were working with a person of interest. The Justice Department released a statement later Wednesday saying investigators were questioning that person.
They say the public is in no immediate danger.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest