HAYWARD, Wis. (AP) - A 55-year-old Hayward man has died after the snowmobile he was riding went through the ice in Sawyer County.
Steven Sisko was reported missing just after 5 a.m. Monday. A search was organized, and a helicopter crew spotted a body in a hole in the ice on the Chippewa Flowage at 11 a.m.
The sheriff's office says members of the Hayward Fire Department responded by airboat and found Sisko dead.
The Duluth News Tribune reports Sisko was an owner of Sisko's Pine Point Resort.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation