HAYWARD, Wis. (AP) - A 55-year-old Hayward man has died after the snowmobile he was riding went through the ice in Sawyer County.
Steven Sisko was reported missing just after 5 a.m. Monday. A search was organized, and a helicopter crew spotted a body in a hole in the ice on the Chippewa Flowage at 11 a.m.
The sheriff's office says members of the Hayward Fire Department responded by airboat and found Sisko dead.
The Duluth News Tribune reports Sisko was an owner of Sisko's Pine Point Resort.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser