VILLAGE OF MIFFLIN, WI (AP) - An ice fisherman in southwestern Wisconsin who fell and hit his head on an icy street has died.
Iowa County deputies say 52-year-old Doug Halverson was preparing to go ice fishing Saturday afternoon in the Village of Mifflin. He slipped and fell on a snow-covered road, striking his head.
He lost consciousness and stopped breathing. A bystander began performing CPR until emergency responders took over.
Halverson was taken to a hospital, where he died.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race