VILLAGE OF MIFFLIN, WI (AP) - An ice fisherman in southwestern Wisconsin who fell and hit his head on an icy street has died.
Iowa County deputies say 52-year-old Doug Halverson was preparing to go ice fishing Saturday afternoon in the Village of Mifflin. He slipped and fell on a snow-covered road, striking his head.
He lost consciousness and stopped breathing. A bystander began performing CPR until emergency responders took over.
Halverson was taken to a hospital, where he died.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska