FRIENDSHIP, Wis. (AP) - A 28-year-old Adams man is charged with shooting and killing his girlfriend.
Coleman Dybul was charged Friday with first-degree reckless homicide, marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession.
According to the complaint, Dybul told authorities he woke on March 2 and shot his shotgun at what he thought was a person attacking his girlfriend, 27-year-old Toni Voss. When he turned on the light, Dybul found he had shot Voss in the chest. She died at the scene.
The Wausau Daily Herald reports Dybul told authorities he was in the Marines for four years and served in Afghanistan. When he woke up and saw the figure, he said it was like being back in Afghanistan and he had to kill or be killed, according to the complaint.
Dybul remains in jail.
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Area couples prepare for wedding season