FRIENDSHIP, Wis. (AP) - A 28-year-old Adams man is charged with shooting and killing his girlfriend.
Coleman Dybul was charged Friday with first-degree reckless homicide, marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession.
According to the complaint, Dybul told authorities he woke on March 2 and shot his shotgun at what he thought was a person attacking his girlfriend, 27-year-old Toni Voss. When he turned on the light, Dybul found he had shot Voss in the chest. She died at the scene.
The Wausau Daily Herald reports Dybul told authorities he was in the Marines for four years and served in Afghanistan. When he woke up and saw the figure, he said it was like being back in Afghanistan and he had to kill or be killed, according to the complaint.
Dybul remains in jail.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building