WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - A registered sex offender already facing incest charges in Wisconsin is now accused of holding a Michigan woman hostage for two days and repeatedly sexually assaulting her while two children played in the next room.
A Daily Herald Media report says the 40-year-old man is charged with nine counts of second-degree sexual assault. He's also charged with child abuse.
A 40-year-old woman from Royal Oak, Mich., told investigators she met the man on an Internet gaming site. She says she agreed to travel to Athens, Wis., on Valentine's Day to meet him.
She says he took her purse and cellphone to prevent her from leaving, and repeatedly sexually assaulted her.
The man is also accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old female relative.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines