WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - A registered sex offender already facing incest charges in Wisconsin is now accused of holding a Michigan woman hostage for two days and repeatedly sexually assaulting her while two children played in the next room.
A Daily Herald Media report says the 40-year-old man is charged with nine counts of second-degree sexual assault. He's also charged with child abuse.
A 40-year-old woman from Royal Oak, Mich., told investigators she met the man on an Internet gaming site. She says she agreed to travel to Athens, Wis., on Valentine's Day to meet him.
She says he took her purse and cellphone to prevent her from leaving, and repeatedly sexually assaulted her.
The man is also accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old female relative.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers