WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - A registered sex offender already facing incest charges in Wisconsin is now accused of holding a Michigan woman hostage for two days and repeatedly sexually assaulting her while two children played in the next room.
A Daily Herald Media report says the 40-year-old man is charged with nine counts of second-degree sexual assault. He's also charged with child abuse.
A 40-year-old woman from Royal Oak, Mich., told investigators she met the man on an Internet gaming site. She says she agreed to travel to Athens, Wis., on Valentine's Day to meet him.
She says he took her purse and cellphone to prevent her from leaving, and repeatedly sexually assaulted her.
The man is also accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old female relative.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants