WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - A registered sex offender already facing incest charges in Wisconsin is now accused of holding a Michigan woman hostage for two days and repeatedly sexually assaulting her while two children played in the next room.
A Daily Herald Media report says the 40-year-old man is charged with nine counts of second-degree sexual assault. He's also charged with child abuse.
A 40-year-old woman from Royal Oak, Mich., told investigators she met the man on an Internet gaming site. She says she agreed to travel to Athens, Wis., on Valentine's Day to meet him.
She says he took her purse and cellphone to prevent her from leaving, and repeatedly sexually assaulted her.
The man is also accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old female relative.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse