MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker says his executive budget will include about $11 million for two domestic abuse shelters.
The governor's office issued a statement Wednesday saying the budget will include $10.6 million for the Family Justice Center in Milwaukee. The center will provide shelter and social services for families trying to recover from domestic abuse.
The budget also will include $560,000 to help the Domestic Abuse Intervention Services Center in Madison build a larger shelter facility.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure