MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker says his executive budget will include about $11 million for two domestic abuse shelters.
The governor's office issued a statement Wednesday saying the budget will include $10.6 million for the Family Justice Center in Milwaukee. The center will provide shelter and social services for families trying to recover from domestic abuse.
The budget also will include $560,000 to help the Domestic Abuse Intervention Services Center in Madison build a larger shelter facility.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore