MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The state Supreme Court has revoked an attorney's law license for having sex with a teenage girl.
According to court documents, Joseph Engl of Sheboygan contacted a 15-year-old girl via email, picked her up in November 2011 and had sexual contact with her. He pleaded no contest in Manitowoc County to child enticement-sexual contact and sexual assault of a child under 16. He was sentenced to three years in prison.
The court issued an order Tuesday revoking his license, calling his conduct disturbing. According to the order, Engl agreed revocation was appropriate.
Engl was convicted in 2004 for using a computer to set up a sexual encounter with a detective posing as a 14-year-old girl. He was sentenced to probation and the Supreme Court publicly reprimanded him.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season