TOWN OF BRADLEY, Wis. (AP) - A 73-year-old bus driver is suspected of falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing his coach bus in Lincoln County last week.
The crash happened around 6 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. Highway 8 in the Town of Bradley.
The driver told a deputy a tire on the bus blew, causing him to go into the ditch. However, passengers on the bus said the driver fell asleep and when they yelled at him to wake up, he went off the road.
WSAW-TV reports deputies are waiting for statements before deciding on any possible action against the driver.
All of the passengers on the bus were adults. No one was hurt.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners