SPRING VALLEY, Wi. (AP) - A 9-year-old Wisconsin boy has been released from a Minnesota hospital two days after his older brother accidentally shot him in the leg.
The shooting happened Saturday afternoon in the Pierce County town of Spring Valley, where the boys were visiting their father. WEAU-TV in Eau Claire reports that the boy was released from the hospital on Monday (http://bit.ly/SmccYU ).
Pierce County deputies say the older boy, age 11, found a .357 caliber handgun in a gun cabinet and decided to show his brother how to load it but accidentally fired it instead.
The boy was taken to a hospital in Menomonie, and then airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. The boys' names have not been released.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline