SPRING VALLEY, Wi. (AP) - A 9-year-old Wisconsin boy has been released from a Minnesota hospital two days after his older brother accidentally shot him in the leg.
The shooting happened Saturday afternoon in the Pierce County town of Spring Valley, where the boys were visiting their father. WEAU-TV in Eau Claire reports that the boy was released from the hospital on Monday (http://bit.ly/SmccYU ).
Pierce County deputies say the older boy, age 11, found a .357 caliber handgun in a gun cabinet and decided to show his brother how to load it but accidentally fired it instead.
The boy was taken to a hospital in Menomonie, and then airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. The boys' names have not been released.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion