MILWAUKEE (AP) -- - Winter storm warnings are out for a large part of western Wisconsin, where several inches of snow have fallen.
The National Weather Service says 7 inches have been recorded near Grantsburg while nearly 5 inches had fallen in La Crosse by mid-afternoon Sunday. It's the first snowfall greater than 2 inches that La Crosse has seen since Jan. 21.
Salting and sanding crews hit the road in Madison around 6:30 a.m. Sunday.
Several spinouts in the Slinger area northwest of Milwaukee ended up with vehicles in the ditch.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure