LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Those cold temps aren't turning people away from La Crosse's Winter Rec-Fest this weekend.
Saturday, the week-long event featured an outdoor kickball tournament, a fishing derby and hockey games inside the Green Island Arena. Organizers say turnout to the Rec-Fest has been high, despite the snowfall this morning.
"Everything's going well, [despite] some little snafus with weather with the additional snow," said recreation coordinator Jared Flick. "We kind of made do, we had to do some extra plowing here on the field here at Green Island, because we got a couple extra inches of snow this morning."
It's not too late to join in on Winter Rec-Fest. Sunday you can take part in the broomball tournament during the day, or the skate party at 7 p.m. To participate, you need a Rec-Fest button - they're for sale at the Green Island Ice Arena and the Parks and Recreation office at City Hall.24004036
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.