LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Those cold temps aren't turning people away from La Crosse's Winter Rec-Fest this weekend.
Saturday, the week-long event featured an outdoor kickball tournament, a fishing derby and hockey games inside the Green Island Arena. Organizers say turnout to the Rec-Fest has been high, despite the snowfall this morning.
"Everything's going well, [despite] some little snafus with weather with the additional snow," said recreation coordinator Jared Flick. "We kind of made do, we had to do some extra plowing here on the field here at Green Island, because we got a couple extra inches of snow this morning."
It's not too late to join in on Winter Rec-Fest. Sunday you can take part in the broomball tournament during the day, or the skate party at 7 p.m. To participate, you need a Rec-Fest button - they're for sale at the Green Island Ice Arena and the Parks and Recreation office at City Hall.24004036
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure