LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - With potholes and ice build up, this Winter has been particularly tough on car tires.
Quick Lane in La Crosse says they are seeing a lot of damage from people hitting potholes and large chunks of ice. They are seeing everything from sidewall damage to bent rims, some cars are even getting misaligned after hitting a pothole.
As we enter Spring, things will get worse. "As the frost comes out of the ground more, it's going to be a real tough year for potholes," says Bill Ray from Quick Lane, "we're hearing that from tire manufacturers that they're trying to beef up the stock because they're anticipating a lotta tire damage."
Ray says getting your car realigned can cost $60 to $70, fixing a bent rim can cost into the hundreds.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests