LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - With potholes and ice build up, this Winter has been particularly tough on car tires.
Quick Lane in La Crosse says they are seeing a lot of damage from people hitting potholes and large chunks of ice. They are seeing everything from sidewall damage to bent rims, some cars are even getting misaligned after hitting a pothole.
As we enter Spring, things will get worse. "As the frost comes out of the ground more, it's going to be a real tough year for potholes," says Bill Ray from Quick Lane, "we're hearing that from tire manufacturers that they're trying to beef up the stock because they're anticipating a lotta tire damage."
Ray says getting your car realigned can cost $60 to $70, fixing a bent rim can cost into the hundreds.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering