Winona, Min. (WKBT) - An environmental-quality committee in Winona wants closer monitoring of frac sand mining in the city.
The Citizen's Environmental Quality Committee is recommending four or five air quality monitors along truck routes in the city. The Winona Planning Commission is expected to consider the recommendations at its next meeting. One Committee member says more monitoring will benefit residents and the industry.
The committee's recommendations are not binding on the city planning commission.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation