Winona, Min. (WKBT) - An environmental-quality committee in Winona wants closer monitoring of frac sand mining in the city.
The Citizen's Environmental Quality Committee is recommending four or five air quality monitors along truck routes in the city. The Winona Planning Commission is expected to consider the recommendations at its next meeting. One Committee member says more monitoring will benefit residents and the industry.
The committee's recommendations are not binding on the city planning commission.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls