Winona, Min. (WKBT) - An environmental-quality committee in Winona wants closer monitoring of frac sand mining in the city.
The Citizen's Environmental Quality Committee is recommending four or five air quality monitors along truck routes in the city. The Winona Planning Commission is expected to consider the recommendations at its next meeting. One Committee member says more monitoring will benefit residents and the industry.
The committee's recommendations are not binding on the city planning commission.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season