WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The Winona Area Ambulance Service (WAAS) has created a Bike Team as an additional way to serve the community and respond faster during area events.
WAAS currently has two bikes. The Bike Team is made up of current WAAS paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).
"The primary reason is to provide faster response to emergency situations at events," explained Kyle Rogers, a WAAS paramedic and the Bike Team coordinator. "If we're closer to where things are happening, we can begin providing care even before an ambulance can get through the crowd."
The Bike Team will be equipped with an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), select medical supplies and will have direct communication to the ambulance team and dispatch center.
The WAAS Bike Team is available for community events like run/walks, festivals and parades. There is no charge. If you would like to have WAAS Bike Team on hand during an upcoming event, contact WAAS Bike Team Coordinator Kyle Rogers at (507) 452-5351. You'll need to call at least two weeks before your event. Availability is contingent on other events.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently