LA CROSSE, Wis. - StormTeam 8 Meteorologist Bill Graul says there will be a wide range of snow totals with this storm.
La Crosse and areas north and west will see anywhere from 4 to 12 inches, with locally higher amounts. Some areas to the north already got 8-12 inches. Some areas southeast of La Crosse could still see totals of 10-12+ inches with this storm.
Graul says snow will continue to fall for much of today, eventually diminishing gradually from west to east later this afternoon or this evening. Bands of moderate to heavy snow will still be possible in some areas this morning.
In addition to the snow, winds will increase today. Graul says we should expect N/NW winds at 15-25 mph, with gusts of 35 to 45 mph possible. This will cause significant blowing and drifting snow. Graul says we're already getting reports of 1-2 foot drifts in some open areas and on some of the ridge tops. Blizzard conditions are possible across much of the area at times, especially along and south of the I-90 corridor.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse