LA CROSSE, WI - If you're a waterfowl hunter you'll want to make note of some changes caused by the government shutdown.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources said the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge land is closed to hunters.
So are all federal boat landings or access points to the river.
But as long as hunters use state, city or private boat landings, they are allowed to use the Mississippi River like they normally would.22420662
DNR wardens say they've received many questions from concerned hunters.
"There's been a lot of confusion and questions for the last 10 days or however long its been. It's been question after question about whether or not hunters can go out and hunt anymore. They want to know. They're confused, they want to know if the whole Mississippi is closed or just the refuge property's closed," said Wisconsin DNR Warden Supervisor Tyler Strelow.
For more information visit, http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/waterfowl.html
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay