LA CROSSE, WI - If you're a waterfowl hunter you'll want to make note of some changes caused by the government shutdown.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources said the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge land is closed to hunters.
So are all federal boat landings or access points to the river.
But as long as hunters use state, city or private boat landings, they are allowed to use the Mississippi River like they normally would.22420662
DNR wardens say they've received many questions from concerned hunters.
"There's been a lot of confusion and questions for the last 10 days or however long its been. It's been question after question about whether or not hunters can go out and hunt anymore. They want to know. They're confused, they want to know if the whole Mississippi is closed or just the refuge property's closed," said Wisconsin DNR Warden Supervisor Tyler Strelow.
For more information visit, http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/waterfowl.html
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups