LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new building project is helping build the future of Western Technical College.
The plan is to add on to the school's Integrated Technology Center.
It's part of the technical college's Vision 20/20 plan.
Due to the high demand for manufacturing jobs the college is anticipating an increase of more than a thousand students in the next six years. The school hopes combining the manufacturing departments into one space will help meet all the needs of students.
"There will be a collaboration between welding, the machine tool departments, the wood tech, and building systems department. Electronics will also move here," said Vision 20/20 Project Manager Paul Amborn.
The addition is one of several projects the school is hoping to complete in the next couple of years.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration