LA CROSSE, Wis. - Thousands of buttons are sold every year for Oktoberfest. On Wednesday, we learned what this fall's will look like.
This year's designer is Ben Fruit, a Western Technical College student from Onalaska.
He created the design for a design class at the school.
It showcases this year's theme, "Celebrating Generations," though silhouettes of an older looking man walking in the sunset with a younger looking girl.
Fruit's design was selected from more than 60 submissions.
"It was a tough subject to think of, celebrating generations and what that really means to me, and I thought of family, and really all I thought of was hmm, maybe a silhouette with an older generation, younger generation together," says Fruit.
This is the second year the button design came from a class project at Western.19888724
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case