LA CROSSE, Wis. - Thousands of buttons are sold every year for Oktoberfest. On Wednesday, we learned what this fall's will look like.
This year's designer is Ben Fruit, a Western Technical College student from Onalaska.
He created the design for a design class at the school.
It showcases this year's theme, "Celebrating Generations," though silhouettes of an older looking man walking in the sunset with a younger looking girl.
Fruit's design was selected from more than 60 submissions.
"It was a tough subject to think of, celebrating generations and what that really means to me, and I thought of family, and really all I thought of was hmm, maybe a silhouette with an older generation, younger generation together," says Fruit.
This is the second year the button design came from a class project at Western.19888724
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser