WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - October is Bullying Prevention Awareness Month, and people across our area were celebrating Wednesday by wearing orange.
"We are the world. We are the children."
Students at West Salem Elementary took part in Unity Day events. They sang and many wore orange to show their support. While the school advocates anti-bullying year round, teachers say Wednesday was special.
"Today is about compassion and kindness and friendship and what we do for each other to make each other strong and build each other up and be there for one another," said West Salem Elementary School Counselor Gayle Lassen.
The students were rehearsing 'We Are the World' today for a concert they will perform on November first.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony