WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - October is Bullying Prevention Awareness Month, and people across our area were celebrating Wednesday by wearing orange.
"We are the world. We are the children."
Students at West Salem Elementary took part in Unity Day events. They sang and many wore orange to show their support. While the school advocates anti-bullying year round, teachers say Wednesday was special.
"Today is about compassion and kindness and friendship and what we do for each other to make each other strong and build each other up and be there for one another," said West Salem Elementary School Counselor Gayle Lassen.
The students were rehearsing 'We Are the World' today for a concert they will perform on November first.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017