WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - October is Bullying Prevention Awareness Month, and people across our area were celebrating Wednesday by wearing orange.
"We are the world. We are the children."
Students at West Salem Elementary took part in Unity Day events. They sang and many wore orange to show their support. While the school advocates anti-bullying year round, teachers say Wednesday was special.
"Today is about compassion and kindness and friendship and what we do for each other to make each other strong and build each other up and be there for one another," said West Salem Elementary School Counselor Gayle Lassen.
The students were rehearsing 'We Are the World' today for a concert they will perform on November first.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire