WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - A big Powerball prize is claimed by a suburban Milwaukee couple who say they rarely play the lottery.
Mary and Dennis Retterath, of West Allis, talked about their good fortune at a news conference Monday. The couple won $1 million in last Wednesday's Powerball drawing. It's not the top prize, but the Retteraths say it's enough for them -- they can now live debt free.
After taxes, the Retteraths will receive $672,500. Mary Retterath says she's still in shock that she bought the million dollar winner. The quick pick ticket was purchased at Speedway in West Allis.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks