WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - A big Powerball prize is claimed by a suburban Milwaukee couple who say they rarely play the lottery.
Mary and Dennis Retterath, of West Allis, talked about their good fortune at a news conference Monday. The couple won $1 million in last Wednesday's Powerball drawing. It's not the top prize, but the Retteraths say it's enough for them -- they can now live debt free.
After taxes, the Retteraths will receive $672,500. Mary Retterath says she's still in shock that she bought the million dollar winner. The quick pick ticket was purchased at Speedway in West Allis.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.