WAUKESHA, WI (AP) - Waukesha police say a man who suffered severe burns in a garage fire this week is in critical condition.
Firefighters responded Friday evening to a Waukesha home after a neighbor noticed flames coming from the garage. They found the man in need of immediate medical assistance.
Some firefighters began treating the man while others brought the fire under control. The 34-year-old was airlifted to a burn center, where police said he was in critical condition Saturday.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore