WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A 34-year-old Iowa man faces life in prison after his convictions for shooting his former fiancee and killing her mother in May.
A Black Hawk County jury on Friday found Kevin Ambrose guilty of first-degree murder and attempted murder. Authorities say he shot former fiancee Marlene Buss, tried to shoot one of his own friends, Undray Reed, and fatally shot Buss' mother, Kay Straw.
Buss had filed for a protection order against him on May 2.
Ambrose's sentencing has not been scheduled. The first-degree murder conviction carries a mandatory life sentence without parole.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure