WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A 34-year-old Iowa man faces life in prison after his convictions for shooting his former fiancee and killing her mother in May.
A Black Hawk County jury on Friday found Kevin Ambrose guilty of first-degree murder and attempted murder. Authorities say he shot former fiancee Marlene Buss, tried to shoot one of his own friends, Undray Reed, and fatally shot Buss' mother, Kay Straw.
Buss had filed for a protection order against him on May 2.
Ambrose's sentencing has not been scheduled. The first-degree murder conviction carries a mandatory life sentence without parole.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners