JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Rock County officials say the area remains under a flood warning, but water levels on the Rock River are slowly decreasing.
The Rock River is at major flood stage in the Lake Koshkonong and Newville areas, and at moderate flood stage in the Afton area.
Local forecasts are calling for precipitation through next week -- and the water is forecast to rise again -- but the levels are slowly decreasing right now.
Residents who need sandbags are encouraged to contact local officials.
High school students, fire departments, inmate crews and other volunteers have been filling thousands of sandbags and leaving them throughout the county so residents can easily access them.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016