MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker's trade mission to China begins this weekend with business briefings and a visit to the Great Wall.
Walker's trip to China is his first overseas trade mission. China is the third largest export market for Wisconsin, behind Canada and Mexico.
Walker is starting the trip in Beijing and also heading to Harbin and Shanghai.
Walker says he hopes to use the trip to make inroads for Wisconsin companies as well as attract investment in the state by the Chinese.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. has started a blog where the trip can be tracked.19741814
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery