MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker's trade mission to China begins this weekend with business briefings and a visit to the Great Wall.
Walker's trip to China is his first overseas trade mission. China is the third largest export market for Wisconsin, behind Canada and Mexico.
Walker is starting the trip in Beijing and also heading to Harbin and Shanghai.
Walker says he hopes to use the trip to make inroads for Wisconsin companies as well as attract investment in the state by the Chinese.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. has started a blog where the trip can be tracked.19741814
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets