MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker's trade mission to China begins this weekend with business briefings and a visit to the Great Wall.
Walker's trip to China is his first overseas trade mission. China is the third largest export market for Wisconsin, behind Canada and Mexico.
Walker is starting the trip in Beijing and also heading to Harbin and Shanghai.
Walker says he hopes to use the trip to make inroads for Wisconsin companies as well as attract investment in the state by the Chinese.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. has started a blog where the trip can be tracked.19741814
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December