MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker's trade mission to China begins this weekend with business briefings and a visit to the Great Wall.
Walker's trip to China is his first overseas trade mission. China is the third largest export market for Wisconsin, behind Canada and Mexico.
Walker is starting the trip in Beijing and also heading to Harbin and Shanghai.
Walker says he hopes to use the trip to make inroads for Wisconsin companies as well as attract investment in the state by the Chinese.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. has started a blog where the trip can be tracked.19741814
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls
- Some Rochester patients help treat grief with acupuncture