WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker said he's confident his integrity will remain intact after a secret investigation that has already resulted in charges against some former staffers while he was Milwaukee County executive.
Two women on that staff were charged Thursday with engaging in political fundraising while at work.8556862
Two other former Walker associates were charged Jan. 5 with embezzling more than $60,000 from veterans and their families. Another man is charged with child enticement charges, evidence of which was allegedly discovered while investigating one of the others.
At an appearance at a Milwaukee-area business Friday, Walker said he doesn't feel investigators are targeting him. He says he's always made it clear to his staff that they were prohibited from political activities while on the job.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse