WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker said he's confident his integrity will remain intact after a secret investigation that has already resulted in charges against some former staffers while he was Milwaukee County executive.
Two women on that staff were charged Thursday with engaging in political fundraising while at work.8556862
Two other former Walker associates were charged Jan. 5 with embezzling more than $60,000 from veterans and their families. Another man is charged with child enticement charges, evidence of which was allegedly discovered while investigating one of the others.
At an appearance at a Milwaukee-area business Friday, Walker said he doesn't feel investigators are targeting him. He says he's always made it clear to his staff that they were prohibited from political activities while on the job.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest