MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker says he's still trying to determine whether an income tax cut or a property tax cut, or some combination of the two, is the best way to return money to taxpayers.
Walker made the comments Wednesday during a speech before Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce, the statewide chamber of commerce.
Walker has been saying that he's mulling some sort of tax cut in his next budget to be released in February. Walker told WMC members that the only question he has is where is the best place to cut taxes to help the middle class.
Walker is touring the state seeking feedback and he also asked WMC members to let him know their thoughts.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature