SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - In a 757 to 752 vote, Sparta residents voted in favor of a referendum that allows certain stores to sell beer within city limits.
Residents were asked a similar referendum question in the past, which was voted down. This was the first time local businesses are asking to sell only beer, not liquor.
Now that the referendum passed, it will take about 60 days before grocery stores or convenience stores would have been able to sell beer.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse