LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's local democratic party is preparing for a possible recount in the Shilling-Kapanke race.
Jennifer Shilling beat her challenger Dan Kapanke by only 58 votes. Kapanke can ask for a recount once the canvassing is complete.
The Shilling for Senate campaign is asking for volunteers from residents in La Crosse, Vernon, Crawford and Monroe counties to observe clerks recounting ballots. The recount could begin as soon as this Wednesday.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners