LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's local democratic party is preparing for a possible recount in the Shilling-Kapanke race.
Jennifer Shilling beat her challenger Dan Kapanke by only 58 votes. Kapanke can ask for a recount once the canvassing is complete.
The Shilling for Senate campaign is asking for volunteers from residents in La Crosse, Vernon, Crawford and Monroe counties to observe clerks recounting ballots. The recount could begin as soon as this Wednesday.
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Kentucky shooting suspect might be headed to Wisconsin
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- AP Exclusive: Drugs vanish at some VA hospitals
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer