LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's local democratic party is preparing for a possible recount in the Shilling-Kapanke race.
Jennifer Shilling beat her challenger Dan Kapanke by only 58 votes. Kapanke can ask for a recount once the canvassing is complete.
The Shilling for Senate campaign is asking for volunteers from residents in La Crosse, Vernon, Crawford and Monroe counties to observe clerks recounting ballots. The recount could begin as soon as this Wednesday.
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- Walker administration renews self-insurance push
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans