LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local university is starting a milestone year of education.
Viterbo University turns 125 this year and they will be celebrating the anniversary all year. There will be guest speakers including the real life Captain Phillips made famous by the Tom Hanks film, a variety of musical performances, and other anniversary themed events.
Viterbo University is also celebrating the 100th anniversary of the St. Wenceslaus Parish and the recent renovations to the San Damiano Chapel.
"All new carpeting, floors, the lighting, the ceramic work, gold leaf on the domes, new statuary, new alter area," said Viterbo University President Rick Artman.
The more than $1 million project also lit the bell tower and put tuck pointing on the walls. It was funded through the Franciscan Sisters.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls