LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local university is starting a milestone year of education.
Viterbo University turns 125 this year and they will be celebrating the anniversary all year. There will be guest speakers including the real life Captain Phillips made famous by the Tom Hanks film, a variety of musical performances, and other anniversary themed events.
Viterbo University is also celebrating the 100th anniversary of the St. Wenceslaus Parish and the recent renovations to the San Damiano Chapel.
"All new carpeting, floors, the lighting, the ceramic work, gold leaf on the domes, new statuary, new alter area," said Viterbo University President Rick Artman.
The more than $1 million project also lit the bell tower and put tuck pointing on the walls. It was funded through the Franciscan Sisters.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge