LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local university is starting a milestone year of education.
Viterbo University turns 125 this year and they will be celebrating the anniversary all year. There will be guest speakers including the real life Captain Phillips made famous by the Tom Hanks film, a variety of musical performances, and other anniversary themed events.
Viterbo University is also celebrating the 100th anniversary of the St. Wenceslaus Parish and the recent renovations to the San Damiano Chapel.
"All new carpeting, floors, the lighting, the ceramic work, gold leaf on the domes, new statuary, new alter area," said Viterbo University President Rick Artman.
The more than $1 million project also lit the bell tower and put tuck pointing on the walls. It was funded through the Franciscan Sisters.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated