LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Viterbo student athletes were celebrating a new era on Saturday.
After over three years of construction, the university dedicated a new outdoor athletics complex.
The complex provides locker rooms and an athletic training room for the university's outdoor sports teams.
Previously, teams were forced to change on campus and then drive to the field.
Athletes say having a new complex will be a big help.
"It's extremely important because usually- we have to change on campus, which is pretty far from here, and then drive out to come play, and now we can just finally come out here, have games and just stay out here and call this a second home. We don't have to drive all way back to campus to be there," Erika Schultz said, a Junior V-Hawks Soccer player.
The new complex also features public restrooms, a concessions area and W-iFi.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests