LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Viterbo student athletes were celebrating a new era on Saturday.
After over three years of construction, the university dedicated a new outdoor athletics complex.
The complex provides locker rooms and an athletic training room for the university's outdoor sports teams.
Previously, teams were forced to change on campus and then drive to the field.
Athletes say having a new complex will be a big help.
"It's extremely important because usually- we have to change on campus, which is pretty far from here, and then drive out to come play, and now we can just finally come out here, have games and just stay out here and call this a second home. We don't have to drive all way back to campus to be there," Erika Schultz said, a Junior V-Hawks Soccer player.
The new complex also features public restrooms, a concessions area and W-iFi.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure