VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - You know you're in Wisconsin when 40 degrees is considered warm enough for a tailgate party.
The Viroqua Food Cooperative held its P6 Tailgate Party Saturday to celebrate the warmer weather and the local food movement, with snacks and drinks produced right here in the Coulee Region.
Participants enjoyed everything from locally-brewed beer to organic lamb brats. Organizers say the event helps bring area residents closer to the people producing their daily meals.
"We really want to show people where their food is coming from and come out and meet their actual producers," said Bjorn Bergman, one of the tailgate's organizers. "Today, folks can come in and meet the farmers that grow the vegetables that we carry inside."
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls