OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) - Dozens of mourners gathered at an Oakdale church to remember a 9-year-old boy struck and killed by gunfire in an apparent random shooting.
Children made posters to express their sorrow over losing fourth-grader Devin Aryal. One read "Devin we miss your kindness."
The Rev. John Stiles told about 250 people gathered for a vigil at Holy Cross Lutheran Church Tuesday night that while many seek answers for the loss of the young boy, there isn't a good answer, but that they should know they are not alone.
The church isn't far from where Devin was fatally shot Monday night as a gunman fired at passing vehicles. Devin's mother and another motorist were injured by gunfire.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says a memorial fund for Devin's family has been set up at U.S. Bank in Oakdale.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student