OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) - Dozens of mourners gathered at an Oakdale church to remember a 9-year-old boy struck and killed by gunfire in an apparent random shooting.
Children made posters to express their sorrow over losing fourth-grader Devin Aryal. One read "Devin we miss your kindness."
The Rev. John Stiles told about 250 people gathered for a vigil at Holy Cross Lutheran Church Tuesday night that while many seek answers for the loss of the young boy, there isn't a good answer, but that they should know they are not alone.
The church isn't far from where Devin was fatally shot Monday night as a gunman fired at passing vehicles. Devin's mother and another motorist were injured by gunfire.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says a memorial fund for Devin's family has been set up at U.S. Bank in Oakdale.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration