MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A candlelight vigil is being held in Cold Spring to honor a police officer killed in the line of duty.
Officer Tom Decker was fatally shot Thursday when he and his partner went to check on a man who was reportedly suicidal. Authorities say Decker was ambushed.
One resident of Cold Spring wanted to hold a candlelight vigil so she could thank Decker "one last time." Lisa Stukey says Decker came to her house about a year ago when she thought she had an intruder. She says he was "very brave."
Stukey got the family's consent to hold the vigil. It will run from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday in the parking lot of Wenner Funeral Home. Participants are asked to bring candles or flashlights.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies