SARTELL, Minn. (AP) - Verso Paper Corp. has announced plans to sell its fire-damaged paper mill in Sartell.
Verso said Tuesday it is selling the mill to AIM Development (USA) LLC. Terms were not disclosed.
The St. Cloud Times reports the deal was announced in a two-paragraph email. According to the email, the transaction is expected to close in the first quarter.
Verso said in the statement it is not commenting on the deal.
An explosion and fire at the mill killed one worker and injured four last Memorial Day. Verso announced in August it would not reopen the mill. Nearly 260 people worked at the plant.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks