VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff's Office wants to alert the public about a phone related scam incident.
The Sheriff's Office has reported about a scam phone call warning people to pay their overdue electric bill using Western Union within 10 minutes to avoid disconnection. A follow up call by the technician is made shortly after informing the residents that he or she is 10 minutes out to disconnect the power.
The Sheriff's Office asks the public not to give out information and not to send money or a check to Western Union.
If anyone has had similar calls or has any information, contact the Vernon County Sheriff's Office at (608) 637-2123.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Representative Kind hears from local voters in La Crosse
- Iowa House panel OKs medical marijuana oil bill
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help