VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff's Office wants to alert the public about a phone related scam incident.
The Sheriff's Office has reported about a scam phone call warning people to pay their overdue electric bill using Western Union within 10 minutes to avoid disconnection. A follow up call by the technician is made shortly after informing the residents that he or she is 10 minutes out to disconnect the power.
The Sheriff's Office asks the public not to give out information and not to send money or a check to Western Union.
If anyone has had similar calls or has any information, contact the Vernon County Sheriff's Office at (608) 637-2123.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests