VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff's Office wants to alert the public about a phone related scam incident.
The Sheriff's Office has reported about a scam phone call warning people to pay their overdue electric bill using Western Union within 10 minutes to avoid disconnection. A follow up call by the technician is made shortly after informing the residents that he or she is 10 minutes out to disconnect the power.
The Sheriff's Office asks the public not to give out information and not to send money or a check to Western Union.
If anyone has had similar calls or has any information, contact the Vernon County Sheriff's Office at (608) 637-2123.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified